The Squadron Sponsoring Committee is looking for a few dedicated parents to take on a new sub-committee: Bottle Drive Fundraising.
Timings will be determined by the group, however the following will be the general parameters for any interested parent:
- be available once per month
- be available for a couple of hours (+/-)
- meet at either the Bottle Drop-Off (located at Ruttan House corner of East & West Line and Hwy 55) or the Van Noort Greenhouse (located at the corner of Hunter Road and Four Mile Creek)
- sort bottles according to their type as per direction from Mr Zalepa, Sponsor Chair
- pack, stack bottles in Van Noort/Ruttan storage area for pick-up during bottle drives (twice per trg year)
- drive to local businesses to pick-up bottles to bring to the two locations above for sorting (on off days, randomly during the year)
- post posters to advertise local bottle drives (twice per year)
- plays well with others
Interested parents are asked to contact the Sponsor Chair, Mr Gary Zalepa via email: email@example.com
This Saturday the Sponsoring Committee will be sorting and packing up the remaining bottles at the VanNoort Greenhouses.
There are a LOT of bottles to get sorted before the summer – PARENTS if you have some free time, please join them. All time will count toward High School Volunteer Hours for cadets that join in.
DATE: Saturday, 22nd April, 2017
LOCATION: 236 Hunter Road (at the corner of Four Mile Creek Road)
DRESS: Civilian casual
There is currently a Squadron Sponsoring Committee position available at the unit. It is open to any interested individual, either parent of a cadet, or member of the community at large.
A decision to join and work with the Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC) will involve the following commitment of time on behalf of our Air Cadets:
- a 2-3 hour meeting once per month on Wednesdays, possibly some pre-meeting preparation and/or post-meeting activity;
- 6-8 hours preceding and during the Weekend for the Annual Ceremonial Review and Awards Banquet, 6-8 hours on 2 Saturdays/yr for 2 Bottle drives, 2-4 hours on two to three Saturdays/yr for Bottle drop-offs, plus other occasional Bottle Pickup times and 4-8 hours twice/yr assisting during Air Cadet Tag Day Weekends;
- Committee work as assigned, i.e.; Corporate Sponsorship, PR, Effective Speaking, Parent Liaison, Special Events etc. The average time commitment is about 5 hours/month;
- Primarily between Sept-June, Activity levels are decreased during the summer!
For the full details, please view our SSC Policy document found here: 809 SSC Policies (1),final
Fore more information, please contact Mr. Hendriks, Sponsoring Committee Chair, at the Squadron.