Hello Level 2’s (and all others taking part in effective speaking)
Mrs Gowans asked me to remind you about effective speaking next week. Go over your workbooks and have a 1-1/2 minute prepared speech ready for Wednesday night’s class.
Have a great week,
OCdt Couroux, DG
809 Newark RCACS
FSgt Bell Graduates from Advanced Aerospace. WO1 Couroux’s last parade. Well done….
Camp’s all packed up and we’re ready to head out. You’re tired cadets will be ready for pick up at the Squadron Headquarters at 2pm. See you there.
Hello parents. Heads up, we’re late (typical fashion). Anticipated ETA is around 7:15 or so back to the LHQ. Traffic is the main issue. I’ll post again if there’s a change.
We’re finally heading home. Unfortunately we’re not looking to pull in until about 6:00pm.
Yes, we finished early, unfortunately our bus driver wasn’t aware. Returning at the original time of 5:30 pm. I’ll post another message if things change.
Well, it looks like the competition will be ending earlier than planned. We were originally looking at returning around 5:30pm, now it looks like the timing will be closer to 4:30pm.
I’ll post another notification if that timing changes. Please check back prior to picking up your cadet.
Here’s the kit list for the upcoming FTX. Keep in mind that this is late November. There will be chances of snow, rain and even freezing rain, so make sure you have the appropriate items to keep you dry and warm.
Make sure to include the following items, along with the items in the kit list mentioned further below.
- waterproof – winter weight coat and pants,
- Waterproof – winter weight boots – Not Shoes!.
- Several pairs of socks
- Water resistant gloves
Note: For cold weather, it’s always better to dress in layers. If you get too warm, you can remove layers to prevent yourself from sweating. Sweating will cause you to eventually get cold and uncomfortable. Keeping yourself warm and dry will be essential to a safe and fun experience.
We’ll be sleeping in cabins this time around so it should make things more comfortable. We’ll also be supplying CAF issued sleeping bags, so there’s no need to take this with you. Remember! One cadet, one kit. Make sure you can carry and keep track of your own belongings.
Here’s the kit list:
809 SQN EXERCISE
23-25 Nov 18
PERSONAL CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT LIST
- All cadets should be in possession of the following clothing and equipment in order to ensure a safe, productive, and enjoyable training exercise:
- Ontario Health Card (This is a MUST!)
- T-shirts (6)
- Pants, Preferably Quick Dry (No Jeans) (4)
- Sweater or Sweatshirt (3)
- Underwear (4)
- Pairs of Socks (8)
- Jacket (Waterproof May be Necessary) (1)
- Hat (1)
- Boots (No Shoes, Waterproof) (1)
- Pillow (1)
- Face Towel and Body Towel (1)
- Flashlight (1)
- Sunglasses (1)
- Sunscreen (1)
- Large Water Bottle (Filled with WATER, BPA-Free) (1)
- Toiletries and Personal Hygiene Items
- Appropriate Sleeping Attire
- Prescription Medication (ONLY ENOUGH FOR WEEKEND; Notify Officer Staff Immediately Upon Arrival at Camp Wetaskiwin)
- Please note that due to the nature of the weather this time of year it is difficult to account for all personnel kit items. Please use appropriate discretion with packing and follow the weather reports up until departing for the exercise. We will train rain or shine. Please also take into consideration that we will be sleeping in tents and the amount of personal kit space is very limited.
- The following optional equipment may be brought:
- Do NOT bring any of the following:
- Expensive jewelry
- Non-Prescription Medication ( Advil, Tylenol)
- Cell Phone
NOTE: We are not responsible for lost or broken items, and have a zero tolerance for theft.
Any questions, please ask any one of the staff members.
Mrs Gowans would like everyone to be aware of the following 2 documents. Please follow the link below each description to download the files
1/ Effective Speaking Timeline 2018 – A schedule of events throughout 2018-19
2/ Outline for Effective Speaking Speech – A guide to help cadets plan their speech
Please consult Mrs Gowans if you have any questions