Somer Slobodian of one of our local newspapers, The Lake Report, did a fantastic story about 809 Squadron for Cadet Week. Great Job, Somer!
A copy of the newspaper can be downloaded as a PDF on their website:
Lt Couroux, D
809 Newark RCACS
809 Squadron is having an open house where cadet aged youth of Niagara On The Lake, along with their parents/grandparents/guardians are being invited to take attend in our parade night. You’re encouraged to bring your friends and their parents if you think that they would enjoy the adventure that being an Air Cadet brings.
We’re also asking your parents to join us for the evening. We’re going to have a BBQ, followed by and information session to go over the details for the upcoming training year.
The evening will be topped off by our 1st Commanding Officer Parade of the year, so make sure your Blue’s are ready to go.
Lt Couroux, D.
For those cadets who have an interest in learning more about public relations, specifically in terms of promoting the squadron and the cadet program in general, the following workshop is available. If you’re interested, please let me know as soon as you can.
- The NGTA cadet correspondent workshop will be held from 16-17 Nov 2019 at RCSCC Iron Duke, located at 451 Elizabeth Street, Burlington ON L7R 2L8.
- The deadline for registration has been set at 12 Nov 2019.
- Priority for cadets should be:
- cadets should be in their third or fourth year,
- have skills in communications, and
- be positive examples of the program in the public eye.
- Cadets will learn to become storytellers and program ambassadors for the local squadron to strengthen your local public affairs (PA) goals, and have opportunities to support their Area Unit Public Affairs Representative (UPAR) and local competitions.
- Cadets will be own means to and from to venue each day.
- Lunch will be provided.
809 Newark RCACS