The COVID-19 concerns have reached the point where our National Commander, Brigadier General Cochrane, has ordered a suspension of the entire cadet program throughout the country for the next three weeks. The full text of his decision can be found below.
This cancels the social night that was proposed for next week and all mandatory and optional training up to 3 April 2020. Pending further development, we’ll be back for optional training night on 6 April 2020.
In the meantime, stay home and stay safe. Updates will be sent periodically over the next three weeks as more information becomes available.
809 Newark RCACS
Sent on behalf of BGen D.B. Cochrane, Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp
CADET PROGRAM CANCELLATION (3 WEEKS)
Refs: A. CATO 14-06 Training or Recreational Trips
B. CANFORGEN 039/20
C. 3350-Op LASER 20-01
D. CANCDTGEN 010/20
- In response to developments in the outbreak of a novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Natl CJCR Sp Gp has CANCELLED ALL CADET ACTIVITIES, including local training, for three weeks effective immediately. Prior to Friday, April 03, 2020, further direction will be provided, including the potential for this cancellation to be extended.
- The National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group (Natl CJCR Sp Gp) has been directed to adopt an aggressive posture to minimize personnel risk of exposure and to prevent the CAF and cadets from becoming a transmission vector. As such, CANCDTGEN 010/20 was released on March 12, 2020 issuing amplifying direction related to the execution of Cadet and Junior Canadian Ranger (JCR) activities, and preventative measures to better protect CAF members, cadets and JCRs and their families from COVID-19.
- The safety and welfare of all who participate in our programs is always our top priority, as such we take very seriously our responsibility to protect cadets from any real or apparent health or safety concern.
- The Natl CJCR Sp Gp is collaborating with Department of National Defence and CAF as well as with other federal departments in order to maintain proper situational awareness on the COVID-19 situation in Canada and globally to synchronize interdepartmental response under the lead of Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result, the situation is continuously being monitored and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- All available and updated information for the Natl CJCR Sp Gp response to COVID-19 can be found on the CCO net at: http://collaboration.cco.nat/sites/NAT/SitePages/covid19.aspx