This Saturday sees our two winners of the 809 Sqn Effective Speaking Competition participate at the Regional – NAG Comp – at 62 Grimsby Phantom Squadron Headquarters, Mountain Ridge Community Centre. Best of luck to Cdts Miele & Gowans!
Cadet Dress for the Comp is C-2 (no Whites at all) , Officers 1-D, Other Designated Sqn Escorts Appropriate Civilian Sqn Dress; Cadets are required to make their own way to Comp.
Mrs. Gowans has all required paperwork for the Competition – please find her on arrival.
- Timings: Registration : Main Hall 11:30-12:00hrs
- Opening Remarks : Church 12:00-12:15hrs
- Competition Commences : Church 12:15 hrs
- Program Break Following Prepared Speeches: 20-30 min (approx 2pm)
- Impromptu Speeches: Approximately 14:30 start
- Awards and closing Remarks: Approximately 1530-1600hrs
- Dismissal: Hopefully NLT 16:15hrs
NOTL Home Show is also on Sat but at Crossroads School in NOTL. We have a booth in one of the classrooms. The schedule for those participating is as follows:
- Set-up: Sat morning 700am – 830am
- Booth open : 9am-4pm
- Tear down: 4-6pm
- Morning (including set-up) – Capt Palumbo, Capt Lemoine, CI Nicolescu, Mrs Lett & Mr Zalepa (set-up only)
- Afternoon (including tear down) – Capt Palumbo, CI Lemoine, Mrs Mehrotra
- Set-up & Tear down should only take a maximum of 30 mins. Morning volunteers are welcome to join us for breakfast at Silk’s following set-up (& before the show commences at 9am).
Any cadets that require additional volunteer hours are welcome to help at the booth on Sat. The dress is C-2. Officers: 3C. Civilian adults: 809 Sqn blue golf shirts & khaki pants/skirt.