04 June 2023
Hello 809. Well, here we are, final week of the 2022-23 training year. Everyone did extremely well at the ACR and Banquet last week. I had a great time and was extremely proud of all of you and your accomplishments. This week we have the Cadet Change of Command & Wings Parade on Wednesday and the Bottle Drop off on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone once more before the summer break.
809 OFFICER AND SENIOR CADET STAFF POSTITIONS
Commanding Officer (CO): Lt Couroux
Deputy Commanding Office (DCO): Lt Russell
Training Officer (TrgO): Capt Emptage
Administration Officer (AdminO): Capt Lemoine
Supply Officer (SupO): CI Dau
Assistant Training Officer (ATrgO): OCdt Bell
Squadron Warrant Officer: WO1 Abt
Squadron Deputy Warrant Officer/ Admin NCO: WO2 Vidal
Flight Commander/Supply NCO: WO2 Dau
Supply is open for exchanges and new issue on Monday and Wednesday evenings by appointment. Make sure you see CI Dau to set up an appointment
Where: Squadron HQ
When: Wednesday 07 June 2023
Who: All Cadets and Staff
Dress: Cadets: C3B
Duty Officer: Lt Russell
Duty NCO: TBD
|Description||Cadet COC & Wings Parade Practice||Cadet COC & Wings Parade|
|Instructor||Lt Russell & Capt Emptage||Lt Couroux|
1. Monday Evening Optional Training – Monday June 05
Dress: Appropriate Civilian Clothing
Duty Officer: CI Dau
Aviation with WO2 Vidal – Lt Vidal will guide you through the use of our Flight Simulator.
2. Cadet Change of Command & Wings Parade – Wednesday June 07
- As per information previously listed above.
- Practice for 1st half of the evening.
- Parade will kick off at 2000hrs (8pm)
- Parents/Guardians are invited and encouraged to attend
- Events on the parade include:
- Wings Parade
- WO2 Shay Vidal will be presented his Power Pilot Wings in an official ceremony
- Level Promotions
- All cadets finishing their levels will be presented with their appropriate new rank
- Change of Command parade
- WO1 Emily Abt will hand over command of the squadron to WO2 Elias Dau.
- Wings Parade
Bottle Drop Off – Saturday, June 10 – 0830 hrs – VanNoorts Warehouse
- Where: VanNoorts Warehouse on Hunter Rd @ 4 Mile Creek Rd
- When: Satuday June 10, 2023 @ 0830hrs
- Who: All Cadets, Parents/Guardians, Staff and SSC members
- This is the final activity for the 2022/23 training year. All members of the squadron are required to be on-hand for the fundraising activity. The more hands on-board, the more we can accomplish. Having successful bottle drop offs are key to keeping the squadron operating. This keeps the program free for our cadets.
- NEXT BOTTLE DROP OFF WILL BE SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9!
- Please pass information along to friends about the drop off points. Here’s the info:
All attendees must check-in for all in-person activities using the Registration for In-Person Events form.
This Week’s Activities
|05JUN2023||Monday||Optional Training||Sqn HQ||Civilian Attire||CI Dau|
|07JUN2023||Wednesday||Cadet COC||Sqn HQ||C3B
|10JUN2023||Saturday||Bottle Drive||VanNoorts||Civilian Attire||Mr Abt|
Upcoming Activities (2023/24 Training Year) – Squadron will start up on Wednesday, September 6. Details to be published in August – ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!
809 Newark RCACS