We’ve heard from FSgt Vidal. Sounds like he’s doing well (but tired). He’s busy writing exams and flying. There have been some delays due to weather, but expects to solo next week. Good luck FSgt Vidal!
For some more news from the CTC’s our cadets are attending, please have a look at our Facebook page:
Good afternoon everyone,
Thanks to the 2 cadets that signed up. An email was sent to each of you detailing the particulars for the practice. Please send a reply so I know that you’ve received that email and that you’ll be attending.
Good evening everyone,
Capt Palumbo is looking for some cadets that would be interested in becoming staff cadets to assist in the running of CAP activities in Grimsby, July 25-29. You need to be at least 16 years old and have the ability to get to Grimsby. If you’re interested, send me an email to let me know. email@example.com
Lt Dan Couroux
809 Newark RCACS
We’ve been invited to take part in the medal ceremonies for the upcoming Canada Summer Games. There’s a practice this Wednesday, July 13 @ Brock University. Timing is from 1800-1930 hrs. Dress is appropriate civilian attire. Capt. Giovenazzo of 613 Lincoln & Welland Army Cadets is running this for the region and is asking for some help.
This is an exciting opportunity, with national exposure, for cadets in our region. Sign up if you’d like to take part
Due date for sign ups for the practice is tomorrow by 1700.
Sign up for this event is now closed
From this week’s The Lake Report!
What a day. The cadets had a blast. We’re on our way back now and should be pulling up to the Squadron HQ between 1930 to 2000 (7:30pm and 8:00pm)
For everyone going on the Wonderland excursion on Saturday morning, just a reminder of a few items:
- Be at the Squadron Headquarters no later than 0745. We expect to return to by around 2000 (8pm).
- Dress in civilian attire, appropriate for the weather. Right now, the forecast is showing as Sunny with a temperature of about 20degrees. You may want to bring some sunscreen.
- Bring spending money with you. The squadron is covering your travel, entry into the park, fast passes for the day, lunch and a refillable drink. Anything beyond this is your responsibility.
- Bring your facemask. As a cadet, you’ll be required to where this throughout the day.
- Bring your health card – Very important. You can’t attend if you don’t have this with you.
For those of you that did sign up, see you Saturday AM.
REMOTE TRAINING TIMES
Attn: All Cadets, Instructors and Staff
You might have noticed that as we are resuming the Virtual Training, our training periods have been reduced to only two instead of three.
That means that just like last year, the virtual training times will be:
1. Join the 809 Sqn Meet
for the opening
of the training night
2. Join your level class for Period 1 19:00 -19:35
3. Break 19:35 -19:40
4. Period 2: 19:40-20:25
See you all tonight!
2 Lt Nicolescu