Here’s the kit list for the upcoming FTX. Keep in mind that this is late November. There will be chances of snow, rain and even freezing rain, so make sure you have the appropriate items to keep you dry and warm.
Make sure to include the following items, along with the items in the kit list mentioned further below.
- waterproof – winter weight coat and pants,
- Waterproof – winter weight boots – Not Shoes!.
- Several pairs of socks
- Water resistant gloves
Note: For cold weather, it’s always better to dress in layers. If you get too warm, you can remove layers to prevent yourself from sweating. Sweating will cause you to eventually get cold and uncomfortable. Keeping yourself warm and dry will be essential to a safe and fun experience.
We’ll be sleeping in cabins this time around so it should make things more comfortable. We’ll also be supplying CAF issued sleeping bags, so there’s no need to take this with you. Remember! One cadet, one kit. Make sure you can carry and keep track of your own belongings.
Here’s the kit list:
809 SQN EXERCISE
23-25 Nov 18
PERSONAL CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT LIST
- All cadets should be in possession of the following clothing and equipment in order to ensure a safe, productive, and enjoyable training exercise:
- Ontario Health Card (This is a MUST!)
- T-shirts (6)
- Pants, Preferably Quick Dry (No Jeans) (4)
- Sweater or Sweatshirt (3)
- Underwear (4)
- Pairs of Socks (8)
- Jacket (Waterproof May be Necessary) (1)
- Hat (1)
- Boots (No Shoes, Waterproof) (1)
- Pillow (1)
- Face Towel and Body Towel (1)
- Flashlight (1)
- Sunglasses (1)
- Sunscreen (1)
- Large Water Bottle (Filled with WATER, BPA-Free) (1)
- Toiletries and Personal Hygiene Items
- Appropriate Sleeping Attire
- Prescription Medication (ONLY ENOUGH FOR WEEKEND; Notify Officer Staff Immediately Upon Arrival at Camp Wetaskiwin)
- Please note that due to the nature of the weather this time of year it is difficult to account for all personnel kit items. Please use appropriate discretion with packing and follow the weather reports up until departing for the exercise. We will train rain or shine. Please also take into consideration that we will be sleeping in tents and the amount of personal kit space is very limited.
- The following optional equipment may be brought:
- Do NOT bring any of the following:
- Expensive jewelry
- Non-Prescription Medication ( Advil, Tylenol)
- Cell Phone
NOTE: We are not responsible for lost or broken items, and have a zero tolerance for theft.
Any questions, please ask any one of the staff members.