Each year staff members from various local Air Cadet Squadrons volunteer to teach the Ground School to our Air Cadets who are interested in writing the Entrance Exam for the Glider or Power Pilot Summer Training Scholarship.
The following are the directives as set-out by the staff:
- The Ground School will begin Thursday, September 19, 2013 from 1900 to 2100 hours.
- The Instructor asks that the Candidates be no more than ONE year away from applying for Gliding Scholarship. (No younger than 15 years of age)
- Cadets will conduct themselves in accordance with the cadet code of conduct. Any cadet not following these guidelines, or disrupting the class in any way, will be given a warning, and on a subsequent incident will be asked to leave the course permanently. There is simply not enough time to allow for any inappropriate or distracting behaviour.
- Dress will be accepted civilian dress.
- Each candidate must have a current copy of the “From the Ground Up” textbook.
- Candidates are encouraged to have a Calculator and Navigation computer.