There is an update to this week’s Weekly Routine Orders that focuses specifically on CJCR Dress Regulations for Ceremonial Occasions. The original WROs have been updated to reflect the change. The specific addition follows and needs to be carefully considered when wearing C1A orders of dress.
809 Newark RCACS
CJCR Dress instructions – Section 2 – Appearance – Specific Guidance for Ceremonial Occasions (2-2-18)
- Ceremonial order of dress (C1) shall only be ordered for specific occasions (CO’s parade, Formal parades, ACRs, etc.) C1 shall not be the standard training dress at a corps/squadron. The following amplification is provided for all cadets when in C1 order of dress:
- footwear will be worn as per environment / regiments / branches and corps / squadron dress instructions;
- over garment will be worn as per environments / regiments / branches and corps / squadron dress instructions. Medals are not to be worn on over garment (parka, gabardine, windbreaker);
- hair that extends below the tunic jacket collar shall be secured in one of the following styles:
- in a bun;
- a single braid;
- double braids centred to the back;
- multi braids or locks, be pulled back to the centre of the back or equally positioned along the shoulder blades and secured; or
- when hairstyle or hair type does not allow a cadet to adopt one of the aforementioned hairstyles, the cadet must discuss with the Chain of Command to find a hairstyle that can be secured accordingly.
- Rings, a maximum of two rings which are not of costume jewellery nature. Additional rings may only be worn when they indicate professional standing, such as an engineer, or are worn with a wedding band as a single set indicating betrothal or fidelity, e.g., an engagement or an anniversary ring. Rings shall not inhibit the execution of proper arms drill or cause an unsightly bulge in white or black gloves.
- Necklaces and bracelets shall not be visible;
- Piercings. The only piercings authorized are single or single set of stud or single stone earrings (one in each ear) are permitted in the ear lobe(s). These earrings shall not exceed one centimetre square or diameter. Gauges / spacers shall not exceed 2.5 cm in diameter; and
- Plain tie-pins or clips or with a Canadian military/Cadet insignia are permitted.
- Facial make-up, temporary lashes, and eyelashes extensions are permitted; and
- Coloured nail polish and artificial nails are permitted as long as they do not impair the cadet’s ability to perform their duties.