For the last several weeks, the National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group Headquarters has been conducting development teams to put together exciting virtual engagement activities for cadets to participate in throughout the summer and the list of available activities is now available for cadets to review. Activities range from self-guided online activities to live, facilitated skill challenges that cadets can participate from their homes using personal communication devices.
The courses include:
- Cadet Cyber Training Course – Standard
- Cadet Cyber Training Course – Advanced
- Backyard FTX
- Effective Communications
- Air Operations
- Build and Fly an Airplane Challenge
- Pleasure Craft Operator Competency
- Naval Communications
- Knot Challenge
- Build a Boat Challenge
- Introduction to Drones (Drones Ground School)
- Web Programming
- Fitness & Sport (Fitness)
- Fieldcraft Engineering
- GPS Navigation & Geocaching (Geocache)
- Build a Rope Bridge Challenge
- Virtual Mess Dinner (Customs and Traditions)
- The World of Cadets (Virtual International Cadet Exchange)
- Citizen Scientists: Northern Explorers
- Cadet Correspondent Training
Further information can be found in the Virtual CTC brochure, which can be found here: Virtual CTC 2020
Registration for these activities is now open and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. To register for these activities, cadets will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Corps / Squadron Number
- Corps / Squadron element
- Name of the activity they wish to register for.
- Dates of serial they wish to register for.
- The language you would like the activity delivered in;
- Phone number (will be used as a second-factor authentication for your online account)
- An email address that the cadet has access to; and
- Instrument selection for cadets registering for the music course
Cadets’ email must be sent from their personal email address or an email that they can access. A parent’s email that the cadet cannot access directly should not be used.)
Cadets will be contacted once they are loaded on an activity, and provided instructions on how to log in to the learning tools required to participate in the activity.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.
809 Newark Squadron